Boy Scouts visit Minden Tahoe Airport
November 14, 2016
The Minden Youth Aviation Adventure, sponsored by the Sports Aviation Foundation, drew a sizeable group of Boy Scouts to the Minden-Tahoe Airport this past weekend.
This is one more activity presented by Nevada Area Council of Boy Scouts of America. More than 70 Scouts attended while dozens more were turned away due to capacity limits. The event's star was the Army Air Guard's Blackhawk Helicopter. Gliders and other small aircraft also were available for Scouts to see. The event is presented to introduce youths ages 12 to 17 to the world of Aviation.
They can see first-hand aviation and weather-related careers. It also enabled Scouts to satisfy BSA's Aviation Merit Badge requirement.
Trending In: Local
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA
- Vacation rentals draw divided response
- Douglas Marines observe service’s birthday