Bently Nevada renovating building
Building D of the Bently Nevada Corp. complex is being completely renovated to preserve the historical character while upgrading the appearance to current standards, according to company officials.
The building, located on the corner of Highway 395 and Buckeye Road, was previously the Dangberg Land and Livestock Co. It was purchased by Don Bently in 1978 along with several nearby abandoned buildings. Since that time, the building has served as home to various Bently departments.
The building was originally built in 1915 and was used for office and storage space for the Dangberg Land and Livestock Co. In 1916, the lower level of the building was occupied by the Minden Wool Warehouse. Wool from the Buckeye Ranch sheep was stored here.
The building was also used as a storage place for canned food, produce and other food products used by the Dangberg Ranch complex and surrounding entities.
Upon completion in the fall, the building will be converted into four 3,000-square-foot office suites available for lease.
The goal is to maintain the historic character of the building while upgrading the aesthetics to make it more commercially appealing.
Central Sierra Construction of Minden will be doing the remodeling. The entire building will be gutted and the roof replaced to meet with earthquake codes. The basement will be used for storage.
Landscaping for the grounds is planned.
All elements of the renovation have been reviewed and approved by the Minden Town Board.
While the renovation is taking place, Bently Nevada Corp. is asking people to please stay clear of the construction site for safety reasons.