Hoover Dam reopens to public, marking 10 years since completion of Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
Hoover Dam reopened to the visiting public on Tuesday, 10 years after the completion of the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge.
The bridge, which crosses Black Canyon above Hoover Dam, officially opened Oct. 19, 2010.
Visitors will be able to drive across the top of Hoover Dam, park in the parking garage and other designated parking areas, walk on the top of the dam and access the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge plaza and walkway. The Historic Railroad Trail access point will open, as well. All open areas can be accessed without tickets. Visitor Center tours and exhibits remain closed.
“The Trump Administration is focused on reopening America and keeping its public icons – including the incredible human engineering feat that is the Hoover Dam – accessible to all visitors,” said Reclamation Commissioner Brenda Burman. “We are excited to welcome the public back to Hoover Dam.”
• Ticket sales for Visitor Center Tour/Exhibits – No online ticket sales at this time
• Visitor Center Tours – Closed
• Visitor Center Exhibits – Closed
• Memorial Bridge Plaza and Walkway – Open
• Outdoor areas throughout the site – Open
• Historic Railroad Trail – Open
• Parking Garage & Arizona Pay Lot – Open ($10/vehicle)
• Café at Parking Garage – Reopening to be announced soon
• Gift Store at Parking Garage – Reopening to be announced soon
• Gift Store at Arizona Turnaround – Reopening to be announced soon
Visitors are asked to adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines to protect themselves, fellow visitors and Hoover Dam employees.
The health and safety of the public and employees at the Hoover Dam remains the Bureau’s No. 1 priority, officials said. Reclamation is closely monitoring and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. Hoover Dam will continue to adapt to changing conditions while following guidance from the White House, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local officials. As the dam transitions through phased reopening,
Additional information about the accessibility of the Hoover Dam is available online at https://www.usbr.gov/lc/hooverdam/index.html