Historical society extends deadline for Women’s History Remembering Project
The Carson Valley Historical Society has extended the deadline for nominations to the “Women’s History Remembering Project.” Nominations should be mailed by Feb. 15.
To celebrate women’s history week, the Carson Valley Historical Society will conduct a ceremony on Sunday, March 5, at 1 p.m. to honor Carson Valley women who have been nominated for the Women’s History Remembering Project.
The ceremony will follow the opening of the women’s history exhibit, “Nevada Women on the Road to Change, 1890-1920,” and a reception will be held at the Carson Valley Historical Museum and Cultural Center, 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville, from 2 to 4 p.m.
All Carson Valley nominations will be archived in the society’s library, located at the Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center, 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville.
The basic information being sought includes:
– What is the name of the woman you have honored? (Please include all her names, maiden, married and if married again.)
– When and where was she born?
– If deceased, when and where?
– If she was not born in the Carson Valley, when and why did she move to the Carson Valley?
– What other dates in her life are significant?
– Why are you honoring her?
– What are the major accomplishments of her life?
You must include your name, address and phone number in order for us to verify information.
Mail nominations to the Women’s History Remembering Project, Attention: Peggy Knox, Carson Valley Historical Society, 1477 Highway 395, Gardnerville 89410.
Contact Knox at 783-9301 for further information.