Ranchos man in custody after pointing gun | RecordCourier.com

Ranchos man in custody after pointing gun

Staff Reports

A Gardnerville Ranchos man was arrested at gunpoint on Tuesday evening after he allegedly pointed a handgun at the woman he was living with.

Robert Eugene Stitz, 46, was being held in lieu of $25,000 bail on Wednesday morning. He is scheduled to appear in East Fork Justice Court today.

■ A woman who is in prison through at least 2019 appeared in East Fork Justice Court on a theft charge.

Danielle Benefield, 35, waived her preliminary hearing and was ordered to return to Douglas County District Court June 21.

East Fork Justice of the Peace Tom Perkins assured Benefield her case would be heard long before her prison term is up.

■ A man who was caught naked in the backseat of a car with an underage runaway waived his preliminary hearing on Wednesday.

Dallas Clark’s attorney said his client will plead guilty to one count of grand larceny and a gross misdemeanor statutory sexual seduction.

Under a plea agreement, Clark, 18, will remain in custody until the plea is heard. Prosecutors will recommend probation on the felony charge, but are free to argue in the sentencing on the gross misdemeanor.

■ A man with significant health issues will admit to one count of sales of a controlled substance when he appears in Douglas County District Court on June 28, attorney Justin Clouser said.

Randall Crawford waived his preliminary hearing on Wednesday and was released on his own recognizance.

The charges stem from incidents that occurred between February and September.

■ A South Lake Tahoe man, who was pulled over on Kingsbury Grade in what was believed to be a stolen vehicle, admitted to a count of misdemeanor possession of paraphernalia on Wednesday.

Eduardo Flores Rea, 34, was arrested on April 10 after the Honda Hatchback he was driving pulled out in front of a patrol car and was traveling very slowly down the hill.

All other charges in the case were dropped, according to Prosecutor Rick Casper.

Flores Rea was sentenced to 64 days, with 60 days suspended for a year. He served four days in jail after his arrest.