Man denies sexual assault charge
November 9, 2016
A five-day trial has been set in the case of a man who is denying he sexually assaulted a girl during a July 4, 2015, boating trip on Lake Tahoe.
Eric M. Jarvis, 20, appeared with his attorney, Warren Geller, on Monday. Jarvis is denying the charge.
District Judge Tom Gregory set a March 7, 2017, trial date in the case.
Geller told Gregory that he expected to call eight witnesses, including some from Ireland.
Gregory continued Jarvis' bail at $13,000.
A trial date is pending for a Carson City man facing a charge of assault with a deadly weapon in an Aug. 1 incident.
Recommended Stories For You
Jose Juan Alcocer, 37, entered a not guilty plea through an interpreter on Monday.
Alcocer was arrested on Aug. 1 after he allegedly threatened his girlfriend with two knives during a struggle at her Gardnerville apartment.
Deputies responded to the home in the 1300 block of Stodick Parkway. The woman had deployed pepper spray after she said he stabbed the wallboard and struck her and her son.
A status hearing was set for Dec. 5 in the case. Attorney Maria Pence said there was still a possibility the case might be resolved through negotiations.
Trending In: Crime
- Former volleyball coach in custody for lewdness
- Police helicopter clipping power lines will require Carson-Reno artery to close for two mornings to fix
- Band of aggressive wild horses up for gather next week
- Fish farm seeks two more years
- 2010 Story Mom charged with leaving 12-year-old alone while she’s in LA