Death threats result in suspended prison term |

Death threats result in suspended prison term

by Taylor Pettaway

A Gardnerville man received a 24-60-month suspended prison sentence on Monday for attempted aggravated stalking.

Antonial O. Larry, 58, was originally charged with stalking, threats and ex-felon failed to register after making several threats against two family members. He called and left 15 voicemails telling the victim he was going to kill her and her mother, stab her and that she wouldn’t “make it through the night.”

The victim made a plea to the court to release Larry on probation and lift the no contact clause between them so that they could work through counseling and because she needed him.

“(Larry) has been a saving grace in a lot of ways for me,” the victim said. “I am out there falling apart with no one… I need him, I need contact with him. He’s all I have.”

Todd P. Holdren, 30, of Gardnerville, was arraigned and sentenced to misuse of 911. Holdren had been arrested on April 9 after calling dispatch five times between 2 a.m. and 2:41 a.m. He had been calling to report a battery at the Buckaroos Bar, however, according to reports, only the first call made was an emergency, deputies said Holdren was calling 911 while they were on scene with him.

His hearing was scheduled for an arraignment Monday, however, after entering his guilty plea the court and lawyers felt that sentencing could also be completed that day. He was sentenced to 90 days in jail, suspended for one year.

Matthew A. Salstone, 32, also pleaded guilty in court to possession of a controlled substance. The Chicago man was arrested Dec. 31, 2016 after deputies initiated a traffic stop on Highway 50. He was initially charged with possession of a controlled substance, sale of a controlled substance, possession of a dangerous drug without a prescription and no registrations, which were all dropped per the plea agreement. According to reports, deputies found hydrocodne and five baggies of white powder. His sentencing was set for Oct. 2.

Kristin L. Pfotenhaver, 25, of South Lake Tahoe pleaded guilty to theft, after being arrested for taking nearly $6,000 from the Lake Tahoe Harrah’s. Pfotenhaver worked as a Table Games Dealer and was arrested Dec. 9, 2016 after video surveillance showed her taking $3,500 worth of chips from the blackjack bank. It was later revealed she had been stealing chips for nearly four months prior. She is scheduled to appear for sentencing on Oct. 2.

One woman is now scheduled for trial after pleading not guilty to various drug and trafficking charges. Tricia A. Turria, 24, of Inyokern, Calif., pleaded not guilty to two counts of trafficking of a controlled substance, two counts of conspiracy to violate the uniform controlled substances act, two counts of sales of a controlled substance, possession of controlled substance and a warrant.

Turria was arrested Nov. 10, 2016 after Tri-Net deputies set up multiple drug buys from her over the course of several weeks. On Oct. 11, 2016, they ordered and bought 106.8 grams of methamphetamine and on Nov. 8, they bought half a pound of meth from her.

She is scheduled to go to trial March 6-9, 2018.