Accident reveals Minden woman’s potential |

Accident reveals Minden woman’s potential

Tony Davis, Jennie Gould, her daughters Bella and Patience, and Tasha Klubock met for the first time in person in April. It had been over a year that Gould saved Davis from a motorcycle and semi-truck collision.
Special to the R-C |

Sometimes it takes a sentimental event or a traumatic experience for one’s true colors to be revealed. That is what it feels like for Minden resident Jennie Gould after she saved a man involved in a motorcycle and semi-truck collision on Highway 88 and Centerville Road in September 2015. Gould told The Record-Courier in October of 2016 that she acted quickly that day.

Since the accident, Gould has befriended Tony Davis and his fiancée Tasha Klubock.

Upon witnessing the accident, Gould pulled over and dialed 911 as she searched for the motorcyclist who had landed a football field away from the scene. She shielded him from traffic and stayed with him until help arrived.

“I just thought, I don’t want this man to die alone,” said Gould. “I seriously thought he was dead.”

“It was beyond emotional. No words will describe it. It was just an amazing weekend for everyone.”Tasha KlubockFiance of victim Tony Davis

After the accident, Davis was hospitalized in the ICU at Renown for over a month, with 14 of those days spent in a coma. He had suffered a traumatic brain injury, broken clavicle, brain bleed and road rash.

He was told he would never walk again. However, he’s made a successful recovery and is now walking with a cane and working toward walking without it, said Klubock, of Oakland, Calif.

“He doesn’t really remember anything,” said Klubock. “He’s just starting to put his life back together as far as memory goes. It’s been a pretty big journey.”

During his recovery, Klubock received Gould’s contact information from the police report and felt compelled to make sure Gould knew that Davis was recovering. Klubock also wanted to thank Gould.

After receiving the thank you letter, the two kept in contact and became close, yet long distance, friends, only speaking over the telephone.

Gould said they talk almost weekly, encouraging each other through the good and the bad times.

“She’s become my best friend,” said Gould.

Gould said they finally had the chance to meet earlier this year when Davis became well enough to seek out his doctors in April to thank them. That is when they met Gould in person for the first time.

“It was beyond emotional,” said Klubock. “No words will describe it. It was just an amazing weekend for everyone.”

Klubock said Tony was emotional upon meeting Gould too and was appreciative of what she’d done.

“She was the first person to call 911 that day so it was a big deal.”

Gould said through the experience she has learned what she is capable of.

“They say they’re grateful for me, but they’ve touched me too,” said Gould. “If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t realize what kind of person I am. They remind me everyday.”