ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
- Separate sealed bids will be received by Douglas County, care of Douglas County Project Manager, Minden, Nevada, for the work as set forth in the Bid Documents for the Johnson Lane Park Storage Building. The bids shall be received on or before 2:00 pm March 16, 2023 at Douglas County Parks Office, 1323 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville, NV 89410. Bids will be subsequently opened and read aloud at 2:01pm at the Douglas County Parks Office, 1323 Waterloo Lane, Gardnerville, NV 89410. The apparent successful low bidder will be announced at the bid opening on March 16, 2023, followed by a thorough review by the County to ensure bid as responsive and responsible. The County will make a recommendation for award to the Board of County Commissioners on March 17, 2023. It is anticipated that the Board of Douglas County Commissioners will consider award of the contract at their scheduled meeting held on April 20, 2023.
- The scheduled work for the Johnson Lane Park Storage Building and is located at the Johnson Lane Park, 1450 Stephanie Lane, Minden and consists of building a new storage building. The estimate for this work is $165,000.
- No proposal will be considered unless accompanied by a bid security in the form of a Certified or Cashier’s Check, or Bid Bond, in an amount not less than five percent (5%) of the bid.
- Bid Documents may be found online at www.douglascountynv. gov under the Bid Posting and RFP’s tab
- Copies of the Bid Documents will be available starting at 8:00 am January 18, 2023 & may be obtained at the Douglas County website for free.
The minimum licensing requirement is set forth by the Nevada State Contractors Board, the contractor must capable of being bonded for this project. Contractors may register their intent to submit a bid by sending an email to Scott McCullough, Project Manager at smccullough@douglasnv. us (SUBJECT LINE Johnson Lane Park Storage Building prior to March 9, 2023. Registration as a digital subscriber is necessary to receive notifications via email to the project from the Owner’s website where all documents and addenda will be posted.
- Douglas County contact: Scott McCullough, Project Manager
Phone: (775) 790-5212
- The Prevailing Wage Rate as established by the State Labor Commission shall be paid on projects with a contract price of $100,000 or more. The State Labor Commissioner has assigned Public Works Project Number
DO 2023-174 to this project.
- NRS 338.147 provides for a 5 percent bidder preference to bidders who qualify for the preference. The requirements for the preference are detailed in the contract documents.
- A prebid conference will be held on February 16, 2022 at 11:00 am at the Johnson Lane Park parking lot, 1450 Stephanie Lane, Minden. Bidders are encouraged to attend and participate in the conference but it is not mandatory.
- The project will require building permit prior to construction.
Douglas County Community Services
By___/s/________________ Dated: January 18, 2022
Scott Morgan, Director
Pub Date: January 18, 21, 2023
Ad # 30596