Firefighters responded to an attic fire in downtown Gardnerville around 6:20 p.m. Thursday night.
The fire was in one of the homes at 1508 Main St.
When firefighters arrived, they found light smoke in the attic area, according to East Fork Fire Capt. Tracy Connelly. All of the occupants were confirmed to be out of the home.
“Crews quickly located the fire, and it was contained to a small area of the attic,” Connelly said. “Cause of the fire pointed to some electrical wiring in the attic space.”
The slow lane of Highway 395 was shut down for about an hour while firefighters worked.
Three engine companies, four ambulances, a squad and two chief officers responded to the blaze.
No injuries were reported.
“Quick response and dedication to training aided in preventing a larger incident,” Connelly said.
The buildings on the property were built in the early 1950s. The commercial space along the highway was most recently High Country Biker, a repair shop specializing for Harley-Davidson motorcycles.