• 24-hour crisis call line: 883-7654 (help and advice at any time)
Operates a 51-bed shelter to provide temporary refuge for women in crisis.
• Support groups: Designed to offer mutual support to victims of domestic violence.
• Teen dating violence program: Advocates has a collaborative relationship with the Carson City School District and strives to educate Carson City's youth about the unacceptability of violence. Advocates annually visits classrooms and helps students learn the dynamics of healthy relationships and the red flags of an abusive relationship.
• Parenting: A parenting advocate works with clients and the community with training for more effective parenting. Emphasis is placed on effective, nonviolent discipline methods, as well as a variety of other issues.
• Rape crisis intervention: Available 24 hours; 883-7654
• Women to Work clothing program: through Advocates' Classy Seconds Thrift Shop