The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 50-year-old unemployed woman from Markleeville was arrested on suspicion of violation of suspended sentence and failure to appear. Bail was set at $1,167.
• Lisa Anne Lawson, 44, of Carson City was arrested at the Sheriff's Department on suspicion of two felony counts of passing forged checks, two felony counts of obtaining money under false pretenses and burglary. Bail was set at $60,000.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• Vehicle tires were slashed on Hillside Way sometime Saturday night.
• Four to six people were fighting in the parking lot of 2010 Highway 50 East on Sunday at 9:50 p.m.
• A woman in a blue dress, brown shoes and sunglasses was reported to be walking in and out of traffic in the middle of Highway 395 near College Parkway. She was arrested on a probation violation warrant.
• Two men tried to steal a woman's purse in the 2000 block of North Carson Street on Saturday at 1:53 p.m. The woman was waiting to cross at the light when a man in a car asked her if she had any drugs, then attempted to snatch her purse. The woman would not let go.
The driver is described as Hispanic, wearing a white cowboy hat and with a thick black mustache. The passenger was Hispanic, with curly, frizzy hair. The two were last seen in a late-model gold Thunderbird with very dark- tinted windows.
• A mail carrier reported Saturday at 9:24 a.m. someone shot her through her window with a paintball gun on Emerson Drive.
• Children were unsupervised and playing on a roof at Airport Road and Shriver Drive on Saturday at 2:52 p.m.
• Juveniles were on the overpass near Northgate Lane and East College Parkway on Saturday at 8:32 p.m. throwing things off and playing with cones.
Deputies responded to the following calls:
• A prowler in the 100 block of Rose Peak at 2:06 a.m. Friday in Dayton.
• Illegal dumping Friday on Highway 50 Alternate in Fernley.
• A hospice death at 9:08 a.m. Friday in the 3300 block of Prospect Avenue in Silver Springs.
• A felony drunken-driving arrest at 9:46 a.m. Friday at the top of Dayton Hill on Highway 50 East.
• Threats at "squatters' camp," in Mound House at 9:59 a.m. Friday.
• A gas leak at 10:42 a.m. Friday on Dayton Valley Road in Dayton.
• A brush fire on River Bend Ranch in Fernley at 12:39 p.m. Friday.
• A residential burglary reported Friday at 1:16 p.m. on Rio Vista Drive in Mason Valley.
• An unwanted subject in the 300 block of Dayton Valley Road at 2:22 p.m. Friday. A misdemeanor arrest was made.
• A residential burglary in the 3500 block of Cypress Street in Silver Springs on Friday at 3:35 p.m.
• Shots fired in the 700 block of South Main Street at 3:47 p.m. Friday in Mason Valley.
• Two misdemeanor citations were issued on Kit Kat Road at 4:34 p.m. Friday.
• A brush fire at 5:43 p.m. Friday in the Lake Lahontan area.
• Shots fired on Farm District Road at 8 p.m. Friday in Fernley.
• Shots fired on Santa Maria Ranch in Dayton at 12:09 a.m. Sunday.
• A felony arrest for narcotics at Highway 50 East and Lafond Avenue in Mark Twain on Sunday.
• A death investigation in the 200 block of Whitacre Street in Mason Valley at 1:23 a.m. on Sunday.
• A death investigation in the 100 block of Curry Drive in Fernley at 2:16 a.m. on Sunday.
• A fire on Cedar Crest Court in Mark Twain at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday.
• A fire on Riverboat Road in Mark Twain at 6:24 a.m. on Sunday.
• A fire on Pepper Lane in Fernley at 7:31 a.m. on Sunday.
• A residential burglary in the 2100 block of Fort Bridger Road in Fernley on Sunday.
• A misdemeanor arrest on Esmerelda Avenue in Silver Springs on Sunday at 11:59 a.m.
• A gas leak at 2:58 p.m. Sunday in the 1800 block of Tuscarora Street.
• A fire on Shadow Lane in Fernley at 4:21 p.m. Sunday.
• A misdemeanor arrest in the 400 block of Truck Inn Way in Fernley on Sunday.
• A fire in the 1500 block of Highway 95 Alternate in Fernley at 7:50 p.m. Sunday.