• Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada meets at 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Guest speaker is Laurie Burt, marketing development for Carson-Tahoe Regional Medical Center. Call 883-6334.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission meets at 5:30 p.m., Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2262.
• Genoa Town Advisory Board meeting, 7 p.m. in Town Meeting Room, 2289 Main St. Call 782-8696.
• Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Inc. potluck picnic and meeting, 10:30 a.m. at Bowers Mansion, Washoe Valley. Bring a side dish, your own refreshment and utensils. Call 883-1842 or 782-8552.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome to view exhibit.
• David Proud performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Carson City Democrats meet at 7 p.m. at 709 E. Robinson St. Topic is how to best support public education. Call 841-3367.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Class/workshop on preserving photos and memories in albums, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, Jobs Peak room. Free; bring 3-4 photos for practice. Make it/take it workshop $5. Call 885-8230.
• Capital Branch of the American Association of University Women membership and welcome-back mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Call Lillian Hack at 841-6467 or Margie Evans, 883-8918.
• Public meeting on Fuels, hosted by BLM, Carson City Fire Department and UNR Cooperative Extension, 7-8 p.m. at BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Call 885-6107.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• High Desert Horsemen general meeting, 7 p.m. at Stagecoach Community Center. Call Margy Hamilton at 629-0817.
• Reggae artist Sizzla performs at 9:30 p.m. at Caesars Tahoe Showroom. Tickets $25 in advance; call (530) 583-2801.
• Senior Games 2005 is open to people age 50 years and over through Sept. 17. Activities will be held in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville and Carson City, hosted by the Douglas County Senior Center. There will be a variety of competitive events including golf, weightlifting, track and field, tennis, bowling, basketball and many other sporting and fun events. Call 783Ð6455.
• Brewery Arts Center's 13th annual Beer Tasting Auction, 5:30 p.m. at 511 W. King St. Features food, wine, live auction, beer from 10 Northern Nevada distributors, bands and more. Free admission; tasting glass $15 (must be 21 years of age); barbecue $5 adults, $3 children 11-younger. Call 883-1976.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. '60s and '70s Rock and Roll night theme features live music by Break Even; food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• 46th annual Camel Races in Virginia City, 10 a.m. at rodeo arena through Sunday. Call 847Ð0311.