• Reno Career Fair from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Hilton Reno Resort/Casino, 2500 East Second St. Admission is free and business attire is required.
Tuesday and Wednesday
• "The Tax Advantages of a Home-Based Business" seminar Tuesday at Nelson's Take Five Restaurant, 1435 Highway 395 in Gardnerville from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Speaker is public accountant Sean Boyd. For information call Barbara at 265-0427.
• Golden Capital Network and Nevada's Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology's Silver & Gold Venture Capital Conference Tuesday and Wednesday at the Peppermill Hotel in Reno. For information on how to become a sponsor of the conference, contact Alex Gibbs at 530-893-8828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Commercial Real Estate Women's Network (CREW) of Northern Nevada's luncheon Wednesday will feature nationally acclaimed author and speaker Robin Jay, on "The Art of the Business Lunch," at The Atlantis Hotel/Casino from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. The cost is $20 for CREW members and $30 for nonmembers and friends. For information contact Andie Wilson at 888-6168.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce after-hours mixer from 5-7 p.m. at the Silver Oak Golf Club, 1251 Country Club Drive. Special $20 golf rate including cart for chamber members only. Pre-register by calling Terri McNutt, 841-7000.
• The Reno-Tahoe American Marketing Association's AMA in the AM. The breakfast is presented by Twelve Horses, which will share its experience in e-mail marketing and multimodal communications at Harrah's Reno Convention Center Registration starting at 8 a.m. The cost is $16 for AMA members and students and $26 for non-members. RSVP to email@example.com or at 786-3030 by noon Oct. 21.
• ABC's of Fair Housing & Leasing class for real estate and property management professionals at the Holiday Inn, Sixth Street in Reno, 8 a.m.-5:15 p.m. The fair housing class is approved by the Nevada Real Estate Commission. Call 775-322-6622 for registration and information.
• 11th Annual Worldwide Luminary Series "Leading to Greatness" at the Peppermill Hotel Casino, 2707 S. Virginia St. in Reno from 7:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Brilliant business minds will meet via satellite: Jack Welch, Carly Fiorina, Sir Richard Branson, Malcolm Gladwell, Rudy Giuliani, Stephen Covey. Group rates range from $179 to $199. Call 800-289-0051 or visit www.LuminarySeries.com.
• Western Nevada Community College Carson City MoneyTalk lecture series at 7 p.m. The event takes place at the Reynolds Center for Technology, room 103, and will include a short talk followed by a question/answer session. For information, contact WNCC Professor of Business/Economics Professor Dave Cook at 445-4278.
• Tahoe Winter Expo from 6-9 p.m. at Harrah's Lake Tahoe Convention Center. The 50 vendors include ski resorts, restaurants, ski shops, massage therapists, casinos and more. Proceeds from the silent auction and raffle will benefit Core 24 Charities, a nonprofit based in Stateline, Nev. Core 24 gave out $15,000 this year from Winter Expo 2004 proceeds. Tickets are $10 in advance starting Nov. 1. They may be purchased at the South Lake Tahoe Chamber of Commerce, Tahoe-Douglas Chamber of Commerce, Placer Title and Dickson McCall Realty in Nevada. Tickets are $15 at the door. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Leads Unlimited is a group of professional men and women who exchange business leads with each other weekly. It meets every Thursday, noon-1 p.m. for a free lunch at Q's Steaks, Bar-B-Que & Salads, 230 Fairview Drive, in the back room.