The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 42-year-old cook from Carson City was arrested at 7:38 a.m. Monday in the 4100 block of Mina Way on suspicion of misdemeanor contempt of court. Bail was set at $207 cash.
• Joshua James Gaskins, 34, of Carson City was arrested at 12:30 a.m. Monday in the 2100 block of Southridge Court on suspicion of felony vehicle burglary, possession of stolen property and misdemeanor destruction of property. Bail was set at $25,632.
• Janet Obie, 46, a cashier from Reno, was arrested at 12:43 a.m. Monday on a Reno warrant for suspicion of gross misdemeanor willfully endangering a child as a result of neglect. Her bail was set at $1,500.
• A 43-year-old engineer from Aliso Viejo, Calif., was arrested at 1:17 p.m. Saturday in the 1700 block of Pinoak Lane on suspicion of eight counts of misdemeanor violation of a domestic violence protection order and driving without a license. Bail was set at $9,688.
n Deputies responded to the following calls:
• About six gunshots were heard in the 3400 block of Highway 50 East on Saturday at 12:54 a.m. Deputies were unable to locate.
• A white 1994 Jeep Cherokee was stolen from a lot in the 3300 block of Highway 50 East sometime Friday night.
• A vacant home in the 2400 block of Silver Sage Drive was broken into sometime Friday night.
• A drunken man was taken into custody Friday at 6:57 p.m. in front of a business in the 4300 block of South Carson Street.
• A granddaughter on house arrest took her grandmother's car without permission. The girl was arrested Monday.
• A law office in the 300 block of North Walsh Street was burglarized sometime Sunday night.
• Food was smeared on a vehicle in the 1500 block of Kings Canyon Road sometime Sunday night.