• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Country Night theme features live music by the Rick Hays Band, food and more. Call 884-4411.
• Sierra Nevada Republic Women's Wine and Pie membership gathering will be from 6-8 p.m. at Robin Reedy's. For Information, reservations or directions call 265-2841.
• Genoa Farmers Market in Genoa Park from 3:30-6:30 p.m. Call 782-8696.
• 2005 Summer Family Concert Series with the Crazy Texas Gypsies in Minden Park. Call 782-9828.
• Kids' Day to Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday. Regular rides from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Sessions limited to 20 children; call for reservations, $6.50 per child. Call 687-6953.
• Retroactive performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882-1626.
• Patton Leatha performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Carson City Raiders Booster Club Benefit Car Wash, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Mulligan's, 2300 Highway 50 East. Minimum donation $5. Call 450-7484.
• Carson City Democratic Women's Club will meet at 11:30 a.m. at Grandma Hattie's. Guest speakers will be Carson City Parks and Recreation Commission members Donna Curtis and Charlene Herst.
• Eighth annual Disabled Veterans Benefit Poker Run, registration from 8:30-10:30 a.m. at Carson Custom Cycles, 3406 Centennial Park Drive and Road Rider of Reno. Cost $20 per person, $30 per couple. Includes vendors, food, live music, dancing, gambling and drawings. Proceeds benefit disabled veterans. Call 884-2453 or 337-2011.
• "Turf: Best Management Practices," a free seminar at 9 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• Halo 2 players Tournament, noon at Sparky's, 2310 S. Carson St., No. 4, hosted by Game Crazy. Entry fee $5; proceeds donated to Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada. Prizes for top players and free giveaways. Call Gene Cochran at 885-9300.
• Carson City Senior Center senior dance Jump & Jive with the Sierra Swing Band from 7-10 p.m. Free lessons fro 6-7 p.m. Cost $6. Call 883-0703.
• Champion Speedway auto racing, 1230 Race Track Road (off Bigelow), 7 p.m. Features Desert Rose 100 and several other classes of racing. Call 888-9777.
• Cowboy Crooners Festival features Old West performing acoustic ballads, western swing, blues and yodeling tunes at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $15 general, $12 members, seniors, students. Call 883-1976.
• Carson Valley Branch of Tahoe Singles barbecue at 5 p.m. at home of Alicia Powers, Gardnerville. All singles from the Reno/Tahoe area invited. Potluck $5. Call Barbara, 782-2057 or Alicia, 265-0962.
• Douglas Animal Welfare Group dog adoption at Petco from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Carson Valley Plaza. Call Diana Furness at 267-9824.
• Super Summer Swap Meet and Garage Sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Genoa Town Park, booths on Nixon Street. Call 782-8696.
• Death Ride Endurance Cycling in Alpine County. Call (530) 694-2475.
• Silver Springs Spay-Neuter Project Dog Adoptions, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Champions Manufactured Housing, Silver Springs, next to Piper's Casino. Call 577-3518.
• Tahoe Arts Festival at North Lake Tahoe, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Features Italian street painting, child friendly activities, art contests and more. Call (530) 583-5605.
• Capital City Summer Music Series, a free concert on the lawn of the Legislative Plaza, 5 p.m. Call 687-7410.
• Men and Women for Wild Horse Freedom Rummage Sale and Barbecue from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. in the parking lot of Gold Canyon Steak House, Dayton. Call 246-3540.
• Concert on the Green at 5 p.m. in Genoa Park (Town Hall, if raining). Call 782-8696.
• Carson City Music Club annual Bluegrass and Barbecue, 6:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Reservations required; $5 per person. Call Dianne Solinger at 720-9058.
• Author Jan Cleere will sign her book "More Than Petticoats: Remarkable Nevada Women" - 12 short stories of early Nevada women - at 6:30 p.m. at the Minden Library, 1625 Library Lane. Information at wwwJanCleere.com.
• Carson City Chapter of Retired Public Employees of Nevada meets at 11:30 a.m. at Ross Gold Park for their annual picnic, behind the Snyder Avenue fire station. Hot dogs and burgers provided; bring side dish or dessert. Call 883-6334.
• Nevada Artists Association meets at 1 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Gallery, 449 W. King St. Guest speaker is Arlene Origani demonstrating the art of pastels. Open to the public; c all Sabina Bye at 267-9167.
• Wienerschnitzel offers free, sample size Tastee-Freez cones from 5-8 p.m. at participating Wienerschnitzel locations.