The following people were booked into the Carson City Jail. All suspects are innocent until proved guilty in court:
• A 45-year-old tile setter from Reno was arrested at 10:30 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Musser Street on suspicion of failure to appear on a traffic matter. Bail was set at $986 cash.
• A 36-year-old Carson City woman was arrested at 12:25 a.m. Saturday at Highway 50 East and Russell Way on suspicion of misdemeanor drunken driving and failure to use headlights. Bail was set at $1,199.
• Joel Scott White, 21, of Carson City, was arrested at 2:43 a.m. Saturday in the 3400 block of Highway 50 East on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon. White allegedly was detailed by security at a Carson City bar and after being released, he returned with a shotgun and pointed it at security officers, according to the arrest report. Bail was set at $20,000.
• Jeffrey Albert Cowan, 45, of Carson City was arrested at 8:58 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Sussex Place on suspicion of felony child abuse and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. According to the arrest report, Cowan allegedly slapped his girlfriend's 5-year-old son across the face with a belt. Bail was set at $40,732.
The following are some of the calls to which deputies responded:
• A report of a domestic dispute in the 500 block of Garden Circle in Fernley at 2:06 a.m. Friday.
• A fight in the 8900 of Highway 50 East in Stagecoach at 9:08 a.m. Friday.
• A sexual offense report taken at Fernley High School at 11:43 a.m. Friday.
• A report of a hit-and-run accident at a gas station on Highway 95 A in Mason Valley at 12:18 p.m. Friday.
• A report of a domestic dispute in the 1200 block of Ebony Avenue in Silver Springs at 4:04 p.m. Friday.
• A drunk driver on Main Street in Fernley at 6:34 p.m. Friday.
• A drunk driver on Highway 95A and Pete Hendrichs Road in Mason Valley at 9:25 p.m. Friday.