• The Grand Canyon National Park has a total of 1,218,375 acres and is one of the most studied geologic landscapes in the world.
• The canyon is on average 4,000 feet deep and is 6,000 deep at its deepest point.
• There are more than 1,500 known species of vascular plants, 167 species of fungi, 64 species of moss and 195 species of lichen in the canyon.
• There are more than 355 bird, 89 mammal, 47 reptile, 9 amphibian and 17 fish species in the park.
• There were approximately 4,308,549 recreational visits to the Grand Canyon in 2004.
• The most visited rim of the canyon is the South Rim, which is open 365 days a year. The North Rim is only open from mid-May to mid-October.