- Northern Nevada Chapter of Pearl Harbor Survivors Association meets at 10 a.m. at Grandma Hattie's Restaurant on South Carson Street. Call 883-1842.
- Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at Johnson Lane Fire Department, Stephanie Way. New painters and beginners welcome. Call 883-7917.
- Sierra Nevada Unit of WBCCI meet for off-the-menu luncheon at 11:30 a.m. at JT's Restaurant, Gardnerville. Members and potential members who own an Airstream RV welcome to join. Call Diane at 972-9393 or e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sierra Nevada Republican Women luncheon meeting at noon, Two Guys from Italy, social at 11:30 a.m. Guest speaker is Rick and Kathy Halbardier of Tahoe Ridge Wines. Cost $10 per person; call Diane Gordon at 265-2841.
- Free presentation at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, Stanley Paher to discuss "The Real Truth about Nevada's First Towns," 7 p.m. Call 687-6953.
- Gold Hill Hotel dinner theater, 8 p.m., features "The Killing of Emily." Dinner available at 5 p.m. Cost $18.50 per person dinner/theater; $5 per person theater only. Call 847-0111.
- Rebirth Brass Band performs at 10 p.m. at Sierra Vista in Tahoe City. Tickets $10 in advance; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
- The Act performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. Call 882-1626.
- Jimmy Buffett tribute band Garratt Wilkin and The Parrotheads performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Showtimes 7, 8:30 and 10 p.m. Call 782-9711.