Forecasters expect cloudy, unsettled weather for the next few days, with rain and the possibility of snow showers each night. Sunday should be the worst of it, according to Al Cox, a National Weather Service specialist in Reno.
Cox said he expects a 10 percent chance of precipitation today and Friday, a 30 percent chance on Saturday and a 60 percent chance on Sunday.
"That will be the highest chance for precipitation this week," Cox said.
In the meantime, get used to cloudy, windy weather.
"(For today) we have the possibility of rain with a chance of snow at night," Cox said. "The snow level is going to be about 5,500 to 6,000 feet." Carson City is about 4,650 feet above sea level.
Today's high temperature should be about 50 degrees with winds out of the southeast blowing up to 10 mph. Friday should be similar - windy, cloudy and cool with snow showers possible at night. Lows could be about 27 degrees.
Saturday is expected to be mostly cloudy with temperatures dropping to about 45 degrees. The snow level that night will fall to near 4,500 feet - well below Carson City. On Sunday, rain and snow are likely with lows around 22 degrees. Late Monday, things will start to clear a bit, Cox said.
"Monday, there should be snow during the day with partly cloudy weather that night."
As of Wednesday, Carson City had received 3.58 inches of precipitation since the beginning of the year. Average precipitation for the same period is 7.97 inches.
Gov. Kenny Guinn is seeking disaster relief due to drought in all 17 of Nevada's counties.