A tiny grade school in Dayton has found new life as a museum.
The museum will be open tonight for a dedication ceremony and open house beginning at 5 p.m..
The school house, which operated until 1959, is at 35 Shady Lane in Dayton.
According to Fannie Harfetts, whose memories are recorded in the Minden Historical Papers for 1921-22, the school was built in about 1865 and boasted 80 pupils in 1880.
According to the Dayton Historic Society, which will operate the museum, it is the oldest school house in the state still in its original location.
The Dayton Historic Museum-Grammar School will be dedicated tonight by the State Historic Preservation Office, Friends of the Comstock Historic District and the Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce.
The museum will be open weekends Memorial Day through Labor Day and by appointment.