- Lake Tahoe Marathon Week, features pre-race trail runs, carbo-loading cruise, marathon, relay and kids' run. Events continue through Sunday. Call (530) 544-7095.
- Open auditions for Brüka Theatre 2001-2002 season, 7 p.m. at Brüka Theatre, 99 N. Virginia St., Reno. Call 323-3221.
- Comedians Max Alexander, Steven Kravitz and emcee Howie Nave perform at The Improv at Harrah's Lake Tahoe through Saturday. Call (800) 427-7247.
- Eastern Sierra Art League annual Show at River Gallery, "Impressions of the Eastern Sierra," 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. Show runs through Oct. 28. Call 329-3698.
- The Carson City Historic Architecture Review Commission meets at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall's Capitol Conference Room, 201 N. Carson St.