A section of wiring is suspected of starting an attic fire that drove a Minden woman from her home.
No one was hurt in an attic fire in the 1500 block of Wildrose Drive on Tuesday afternoon.
Reported at 4:09 p.m., East Fork firefighters responded to the Minden home as smoke poured from vents and crevices in the roof.
The homeowner said she turned on the furnace and started smelling smoke.
She said the smoke filled the house quickly, and that she got out just in time.
Firefighters cut a hole in the roof to vent the smoke.
Fire investigator East Fork Capt. Terry Taylor said Wednesday the cause appears to be a 4-5-inch piece of wiring that arced when the furnace motor came on. He said a final determination and estimate of cost would come after he’d had more time to investigate.
The Red Cross was called to help the homeowner.