About two dozen protesters and reporters showed up on Oct. 4 at the Tioga Pass gate to Yosemite National Park to protest its closure. Organizer Stacey Powells said hundreds of people drove by to try and get into the park, and many stopped for photos with the protesters. “I felt so bad for all the foreigners who stopped to tell us that they saved for years for their U.S. National Park vacations only to be turned down at the gates,” Powells said. Powells said her group was met by Yosemite rangers who helped them set up. “They were only too …
Yosemite shutdown prompts protesters to picket Tioga Pass
Trending in: Local News
- The R-C Morning Report for April 15
- Gardnerville: Hellwinkel barn off limits
- Ranchos barely makes list for top home ownership
- How can wine walks help your business?
- Visualizing a goal makes it easier to achieve