A 59-year-old Gardnerville woman faces two felonies in connection with the alleged theft of a Social Security check from a man for whom she cared in a nursing home. Pamela Jan Benner is charged with theft from a person 60 or older and uttering a forged instrument. According to reports, Benner is accused of taking a $1,188 Social Security check from the 75-year-old victim who was a resident at Gardnerville Health and Rehabilitation Center. The theft occurred in December when Benner was employed as a certified nursing assistant. According to facility officials, she has since been fired for failing to …
Woman accused of theft
Trending in: Local News
- The R-C Morning Report for April 15
- Gardnerville: Hellwinkel barn off limits
- Ranchos barely makes list for top home ownership
- How can wine walks help your business?
- Visualizing a goal makes it easier to achieve