Man faces felony in golf cart joyride |

Man faces felony in golf cart joyride

Staff Reports

A Gardnerville Ranchos man admitted on Wednesday he'd been drinking in violation of his probation for driving under the influence and faces a felony charge in district court.

Timothy Daniel Grant, 28, was sentenced to 100 days in jail after Justice of the Peace Tom Perkins accepted the admission that Grant had violated probation.

Grant was arrested May 13 after deputies received a report that an intoxicated person was driving a golf cart near the 7-Eleven.

Deputies didn't find him when the call first came in, but waited for a bit and spotted Grant driving the golf cart on the shoulder along Topaz Lane near Arrowhead Road.

The deputy followed Grant onto Arrowhead Road, where Grant reportedly yelled "Yee haw!" and turned the car across the roadway directly in the deputy's path.

Grant told deputies he'd been drinking for four hours. A preliminary breath test revealed he had a .115 blood alcohol content. According to the sheriff's report Grant had been convicted of driving under the influence in 2011 and 2012.

Recommended Stories For You

■ A woman admitted to reckless driving causing an injury to a bicyclist.

Marsha Lynne Jose, 67, was released on Wednesday after entering the plea.

She told Perkins that she thought the bicyclist was someone else, and that she pulled in front of him in an effort to stop him on May 18 near Genoa Lane and Foothill Road in downtown.

She said she thought the bicyclist looked like her ex-boyfriend, so she pulled out in front of him, and he hit her car.

The man suffered from a cut knee and hurt shoulder according to the report.

She faces a six-month sentence and $1,000 fine after she admitted the misdemeanor. She told Perkins she would live with her sister until her July 2 sentencing.

■ A Yerington man who was arrested Cinco de Mayo with half an open bottle of pre-mixed margarita in his car pleaded guilty to charges related to his arrest.

Kenneth Benge, 44, told Perkins he wouldn't drive again. His license was suspended for a prior incident of driving under the influence, and he was supposed to have an ignition interlock device on his car. Sentencing in the case was delayed for two weeks.

Go back to article