Two piñon pines that caught fire in Topaz Ranch Estates around lunchtime on Saturday were kept from spreading by neighbors with hoses.
The fire started at an old power pole, TRE resident John Flaherty said.
He said he was at home when his wife yelled that there was a fire next door.
“I ran out and two piñons were blazing and about 200 square feet burning,” he said. “I grabbed my hose and hit it full blast on the direction it was traveling.”
Flaherty said he and his neighbor got the fire knocked down.
The trees were doused and overhauled by firefighters who responded to the call.
“Thank God I was home,” Flaherty said. “It was about 40 feet from our house.”