Staff Reports

Follow Me

Back to: News
July 9, 2014
Follow News

Tuesday backhoe fire closes Fairway

An electrical short in the ignition wiring was the cause of a backhoe fire that closed Fairway Drive for an hour on Tuesday evening.

The backhoe belongs to Carson Valley Golf Course. East Fork Capt. Terry Taylor said a spark from the wiring ignited insulation and hydraulic fluid.

Resident Wayne Scarpaci said he saw smoke and flames rising above an outbuilding not far from his house.

The report came in at about 5:10 p.m. The fire was reported extinguished within 20 minutes.

There wasn’t any extension to other structures.

Stories you may be interested in

The Record Courier Updated Jul 10, 2014 06:07PM Published Jul 9, 2014 07:49AM Copyright 2014 The Record Courier. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.