Staff Reports

Back to: News
February 20, 2013
Follow News

Man who died at Burnside Lake had drugs in system

A Gardnerville resident had methamphetamine and THC in his system when he died of exposure at Burnside Lake last fall, an autopsy revealed.Roderick Paul Clifton, 44, died of hypothermia according to El Dorado Pathology due to prolonged exposure.Alpine Undersheriff Robert Levy announced that the cause of death was consistent with the scene where Clifton's body was found.Toxicology reports revealed the drugs, Levy said. Clifton and Gardnerville resident Paula Lane drove to Burnside Lake on Nov. 29, 2012, on their way home from a visit to California where Clifton had acquired a 1989 Jeep.He drove the Jeep from Pickett's Junction, around …

Explore Related Articles

Trending in: News

The Record Courier Updated Feb 21, 2013 09:29AM Published Feb 20, 2013 06:01PM Copyright 2013 The Record Courier. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.