Staff Reports

Follow Me

Back to: News
January 1, 2013
Follow News

Douglas reports handful of arrests at Stateline

A typical crowd turned out to ring in the New Year at Stateline, with only 14 arrests during the evening.

Douglas County Sheriff's Sgt. Pat Brooks said the crowd was similar to last year's. Highway 50 through Stateline was closed at 11 p.m. and revelers were allowed onto the highway to celebrate the new year.

The Nevada side of 50 was cleared by 12:20 a.m.

"(The highway) was reopened to vehicle traffic at approximately 1 a.m. after the crowd peacefully moved off the roadway," Brooks said.

None of the public safety personnel reported any injuries.

The arrests were for charges including assault, domestic battery, disorderly conduct, minor consuming alcohol and civil protective custody. One person was issued a citation and released, Brooks said.

Minden-Gardnerville reported a similarly quiet evening, with one person arrested for domestic battery.

"The various law enforcement and support agencies involved in this year's event worked extremely well together," Brooks said.

Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini thanked all the agencies who participated, including: Nevada Highway Patrol, South Lake Tahoe Police Department, El Dorado County Sheriff's Office, California Highway Patrol, FBI, Douglas County Communications Center, Nevada Department of Transportation and Cal-Trans.

Stories you may be interested in

The Record Courier Updated Jan 1, 2013 01:58PM Published Jan 1, 2013 01:51PM Copyright 2013 The Record Courier. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.